Monument Square Early Childhood Center
Monument Square Early Childhood Center welcomes children and families to our Center.
We strive to offer children a variety of learning opportunities through planned daily activities, positive social interactions and care-giving routines. We create a nurturing and safe environment in which children can develop cognitively as well as social and emotionally. We believe in the value of play and make it an essential part of our curriculum. Children spend the day in one of the four classrooms, in the spacious indoor gymnasium or in an expansive outdoor area. Monument Square is one of the oldest child care programs in Northern Berkshire and has been in operation since 1969.
- A daily routine that includes meal times, play time, discovery time, story telling, rest time and outdoor time
- A literacy-based curriculum that promotes language and pre-reading skills
- Math, science, art and music activities
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Additional help in the preschool room so children can receive individual attention
- Transportation to and from the child care program, based on family’s needs
- Parent education and involvement activities
- Monthly newsletters and ideas for activities to do with children in the home
- Field trips to museums, apple orchards and the lake in the summer for swimming
- Progress reports and parent teacher conferences
- Assistance with transition to kindergarten
- Support staff who include resource teachers and licensed social workers
Download Monument Square Parent Handbook:
Click on Monument Square Enrollment Packet, complete, print, and return to the Center.
Our staff is:
- Warm, friendly and respectful
- Well-trained in child development
- Certified in first aid and CPR Experienced
Children are offered:
- Hands on experiences to explore, to paint, to discover and to problem solve
- Opportunities to learn self-help skills and independence
- Opportunities to make new friends and socialization skills
- Opportunities to run, jump, skip and ride bikes to develop physically
Parents are encouraged to actively participate in the daily routine. Please visit the classroom, have lunch with your child, join an activity or simply say “hello”.
CCB offers full and part time child care, at competitive rates. Families pay according to their incomes and family size. We offer discounts and scholarships, based on need. We discount for siblings who are enrolled for full-time. We accept child care vouchers and certificates.
Licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
Accredited by the National Education for Young Children (NAEYC)
Kelly Phillips, A.A. Program Director