Current Employment Opportunities
Please complete the application below and email to:
Heather LaBonte at email@example.com
Please click on the below link for positions now available:
Title: Driver, morning and/or afternoon (Adams/North Adams)
PART TIME: Approximately 20 hours per week
Approximately 2 hours in the morning, starting around 7:15am – 9:15am and approximately 2 hours in the afternoon, 2:30 — 4:30pm, willing to split shifts, have right person work as a substitute or in a permanent position.
The driver is responsible for picking up children in the community and delivering to various locations in Adams and North Adams.
- Must have (or be willing to get) class7D license.
- Must be dependable.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must have positive attitude toward young children and families.
- A CORI/DCF check is required for this position.
SALARY RANGE: $9.00 – $11.00/hour, no benefits
START DATE: ASAP
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc.
P. O. Box 172
North Adams, MA 01247
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director of Monument Square Early Childhood Center
Responsible for ordering, planning and preparing healthy, nutritious and tasty meals and snacks in a clean and safe environment. S/he maintains conformance to the CACFP policies and standards. The deliverance of a high quality and nutritious meals for infants, toddlers and preschoolers is the primary goal.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Basic understanding of good nutrition and CACFP meal patterns, including Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Food Pyramid.
- Certification in Allergen Awareness and Serve Safe, or commitment to be certified in.
- Basic understanding of creditable and non creditable food items.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to plan ahead and problem solve.
- Ability to complete simple arithmetic and functionally literate.
- Previous prep or line cook experience extremely helpful.
- High school diploma preferred
- Must demonstrate enjoyment of children.
- Ability to communicate clearly with children and staff, both orally and in written form.
- Plan and prepare all food items for meals in a sanitary and timely manner, according to CACFP guidelines. Meals reflect creativity and imagination and variety.
- Follows recipes, variety, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by CACFP guidelines. Minimal reliance on convenience or prepackaged items.
- Organizes the kitchen area and store room in good safety. Cleans and maintains kitchen area and store room, practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills. Cleaning includes the counters tops, stove, all kitchen surfaces as needed, including walls.
- Plan menus, price items, orders supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- Purchase groceries as needed at local markets to meet CACFP meal patterns. Restocks all items as needed.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies. Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Responsible for record keeping as assigned, including but not limited to, the daily attendance reports, the Bureau of Nutrition meal counts, and inventory of food and supplies.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that all teachers/employees follow standards and regulations.
This is a 35 hour/week, year round position. Salary range $9.00 to $12.00 an hour with excellent benefit package.
Must be able to lift up to 25lbs and 95% of the cook’s time is spent standing. Must have good physical health to meet demands of food preparation and free of communicable diseases.
Send resume and letter of interest that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P.O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer,
with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community